The barn was built in 1948 by Lee and Maureen Olson, along with local carpenter George Julifs. Maureen and Lee put pieces of the barn together in the machine shed prior to erection of the building. This barn is located approximately in the same spot as the first barn that was damaged during a tornado.
In 1962 the farm was purchased by Leo and Geraldine Clancy of Pomeroy. Maureen Doyen Olson and Geraldine (Jerry) Doyen Clancy are sisters. Leo Clancy was one of the charter members of the Iowa Charolais Association, which was formed in 1961. Leo also served as the Charolais superintendent at the Iowa State Fair for 25 years.
The barn makes it a farm and it makes it important and lends itself to many wonderful stories about growing up on a farm, and in this case, providing a bit of history into the cattle industry in Iowa.
Go to the Iowa DOT map, then click on a County.