The Iowa Barn Foundation’s Award of Distinction program recognizes historic barns which have been restored by their owners. Recipients of the award receive a distinctive award plaque to display on their barn and are invited to participate in our annual all-state fall barn tour each year (one weekend in September).
Applications being submitted for a structure must meet the following criteria:
- STRUCTURES TO BE CONSIDERED MUST MEET ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA TO BE CONSIDERED.
- A. The structure must be no less than 50 years old.
- B. The structure exhibits unique or distinctive methods of construction, materials, finishes or examples of craftsmanship.
- C. The structure contributes in a significant way to the appearance of the rural landscape and/or the community identity.
- D. The structure is associated with lives of persons or events significant to Iowa’s history.
- NOTE: Barns must be restored consistent with the original construction materials (exception made for metal roofing).
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Iowa Barn Foundation. Call or email:
Dave Austin, Phone – 515-201-4517; Email – email@example.com
To apply by mail, click here to download a PDF version of the application.
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICATION
Applications require either the applicant and/or barn owner to be an active member donor of the Iowa Barn Foundation. Active membership requries a minimum $50 donation in the past 12 months. Click here for membership information.