Owners interested in restoring their historic barns may apply for a grant from the Iowa Barn Foundation. The IBF Board votes on grants two times per year, typically early April and mid October.
Before applying, please click here to review the full set of grant guidelines which describe barn eligibility and obligations of grant recipients.
Applications being submitted for a structure must meet the following criteria:
- STRUCTURES TO BE CONSIDERED MUST MEET ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA TO BE CONSIDERED.
- A. The structure must be no less than 50 years old.
- B. The structure exhibits unique or distinctive methods of construction, materials, finishes or examples of craftsmanship.
- C. The structure contributes in a significant way to the appearance of the rural landscape and/or the community identity.
- D. The structure is associated with lives of persons or events significant to Iowa’s history.
- NOTE: Barns must be restored consistent with the original construction materials (exception made for metal roofing).
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Iowa Barn Foundation. Call or email:
Roxanne Mehlisch, Phone – 641-751-1406; Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by mail, click here to download a PDF version of the application.
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICATION
Applications require either the applicant and/or barn owner to be an active member donor of the Iowa Barn Foundation. Active membership requries a minimum $50 donation in the past 12 months. Click here for membership information.