Clancy Barn, 1866 Marengo Avenue, Pomeroy (Calhoun County) – At the intersection of IA 4 and IA 7.
The barn was built in 1948 by Lee and Maureen Olson, along with local carpenter George Julifs. Maureen and Lee put pieces of the barn together in the machine shed prior to erection of the building. In 1962 the farm was purchased by Leo and Geraldine Clancy of Pomeroy. Geraldine and Maureen Olson were sisters. Leo Clancy was one of the charter members of the Iowa Charolais Association, formed in 1961. Leo also served as the Charolais superintendent at the Iowa State Fair for 25 years.
Click here for driving directions