The Miller barn, 310 20th Street SW, Waverly (Bremer County) – The Miller barn is on IA 3 on the west edge of Waverly. It is south of Redeemer Lutheran Church, east of CUNA Mutual campus, and west of Bremwood and Lutheran Services of Iowa.
This barn was built in 1914 by W.H Miller and his brother, Gilbert, and constructed with grown cedar and native oak trees on their land. The barn was equipped with porcelain cattle waterers. The Miller Guernsey Dairy was one of over 20 dairies in Bremer County from 1920 to 1940. The Miller dairy helped supply the local Carnation Company with milk for condensed milk.
****2023 Fall Tour Note – Barn will be open for touring on Sunday only to allow owners to attend a funeral on Saturday.
Click here for driving directions